Freunde von Freunden is a Berlin-based independent and international publication documenting inspiring people from diverse creative and cultural backgrounds from all over the world.
About The Role
We are looking for our next rockstar editorial intern to join FvF – creating text from micro to macro. The awesomeness of FvF’s content is mirrored in our staff, and our interns are the bright fireworks who steal the show with their energy and enthusiasm. You’ll work closely with our writers, as well as all parts of the editorial team (social media and production department, photographers, PR and even contributors). Tasks include:
- Write and copyedit short and medium-length text
- Text translation if possible/needed
- Work on internal or client-related documents
- General assistant to the editorial team
- Update, proof, and schedule WordPress posts
- Contribute to social media as needed
For this role, you must have two outstanding characteristics:
- You genuinely love and be practiced at the craft of writing – it’s not just something you picked up to support your other pursuits.
- You’re a self-starter who can see needs before they arise and make suggestions before others do – then own those tasks and see them through in a busy environment.
In addition, you should also have:
- Firm understanding of the Freunde von Freunden brand & community
- Experience with digital journalism and Social Media fluency
- Ability to multi-task, as well as generate ideas
- Familiarity with Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, and Social Media platforms
The ideal candidate is completely fluent in the English language. Understanding of or fluency in German is helpful. Completely fluent German speakers with superb written English will also be considered. Should be Berlin-based (or willing to relocate on short notice).
1. 1-2 paragraph cover letter in your email
2. 2-3 work samples of your work
3. CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile (a Portfolio is nice too if you have one)
4. Link us to an online article you’ve read this summer that you think pushes the boundaries of digital storytelling and tell us why.
5. FvF is all about diversity of styles. Name two potential guests from completely different fields, tell us why they are interesting, then suggest a location for the two to meet and debate a topic of your choice.
Duration: Six months for students, three months for non-students.
Start Date: ASAP
If you would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the words “Editorial Intern Position” in the subject of your email.
We often receive many applications for our positions, and are not able to reply personally to every one.
We’re looking forward hearing from you.
Best wishes the FvF Team