We are looking for a photo editor or art buyer to join our vibrant team here at FvF. Photography and pictures are at the heart of the FvF experience – the job will touch all parts of that experience, from concept and research to production, re-touching and publishing.
About The Role
FvF is a Berlin-based independent publication and production house and we create inspiring and international content. We do so with our global network of friends and contributors (including some of the best photographers in the world), and we cover people and stories in diverse creative and cultural backgrounds from across the globe.
Our photo editors work closely with all team members – and, of course, you’ll be part of all the fun perks of the job, from BBQs to coffee trainings to office trips. Just check our Instagram feed to see what we get up to!
Tasks include briefing external photographers, shooting stories for FvF and FvF productions, post-production and story layout, research and development, coordinating general department work flow for photos and picture licensing, and assisting Social Media with images.
Our photo editors should be friendly and outgoing, since you’ll be connecting with the team, the portrait subjects and clients. For this role, you need:
- At least 2-5 years professional experience and to genuinely love the craft of photography – it’s not just something you picked up to support your other pursuits.
- To be a self-starter who can suggest solutions to problems.
- Be able to multi-task and communicate to high degree – FvF relies on its photo editors, and they receive multiple requests for help every day.
In addition, you should also get the Freunde von Freunden brand & community, have experience with digital journalism and working with brands on Social Media, have experience with Art Buying, have familiarity with the usual software tools of the job (Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, Trello, Slack etc.) You should be Berlin-based or willing to relocate. German-speaking a plus but not required. If you’re interested, please send an email to email@example.com – put the words “Photo Editor” in the title of the email.
- A short cover in the body of your email
- Your online portfolio
- A copy of your CV (or link to your LinkedIn profile)
- Tell us about to one of your favorite FvF profiles and explain why
- List two stories that you’ve seen online in the last year that pushed the boundaries of what’s possible with digital storytelling and photography
We often receive many applications for our positions, and are not able to reply personally to every one.
Freunde von Freunden