Say hello to our 50th mixtape. After two years of our favorite music by our friends and team, we are more than happy to have Tyler Askew to present the latest mixtape. Expect an iTunes Podcast with all the mixtapes to launch soon. 50 should be enough to finally come up with that.
Originally from Atlanta GA Tyler Askew is an internationally established DJ and creative director for fashion, music, entertainment and art. In the late 90′s he began working with London’s Straight No Chaser Magazine as a designer and writer of the column “Transatlantic Audio” which focused on exposing new artists and producers.
After moving to NYC in 2002 this creative mind founded the club-night Rude, where he promoted underground soul music and helped expose artists like Sa-Ra, Waajeed / PPP and Taylor McFerrin before he hosted a radio show for Tokyo’s Shibuya FM for three years until 2011. Tyler also has worked most recently with Fabien Baron at the art direction and marketing company Baron & Baron.
This mixtape is a harmonious and electronic ride with UK influenced tunes by the legendary Burial and Joy Orbison as well as a kick-ass remix of Janet Jackson.
1. The HICS – Lines
2. Robert Glasper Experiment – Black Radio feat. Yasin Bey (Pete Rock Remix)
3. Sampha – Curves
4. Tatham, Mensah, Lord & Ranks – Mr Pickles
5. Recloose – Landed Megamix
6. Mala – Alicia
7. Burial – Truant
8. Joy Orbison – Tentative Bidding
9. Skylark – My Angel of Joy
10. Grooveman Spot – Astronaut
11. Sunburst Band – Definition of Luv
12. Karriem Riggins – Summer Madness S.A.
13. Janet Jackson – If (Kaytranada Remix)
14. Jessie Ware – What You Won’t Do For Love
Find an overview of all FvF Mixtapes here.