Remember the charming lady standing under those memorable lemon trees? Claire Cottrell, a former FvF guest and good friend, can certainly be described as a tastemaker with a winning touch for an interdisciplinary aesthetic. A talent she has put to good use compiling the newest FvF mixtape.
Since finishing her Masters in Landscape Architecture, Claire has been working as a Creative Director for films and commercials. With her online art book store „Book Stand“ she specializes in artists’ books, zines, high concept publications, and limited-run films – all in all, a highly inspiring selection. When not in search for new visual input, Claire can be found behind the lense capturing her favorite sources of inspiration: Plants, people, and charismatic places.
Mixtape #58 is Claires personal musical treasure chest containing all-time classics such as Bob Dylan in an eclectic mix with recent favorites by Chromatics and Rhye. Enjoy this wonderful ride which will detach you from everyday worries and let you sail into a carefree weekend.
Cover photo by Claire Cottrell
1. The Suburbs – Mr. Little Jeans
2. Balance – Future Islands
3. Manhattan – Cat Power
4. Mr. Quiche – Wildcat! Wildcat!
5. Planet Health – Chairlift
6. Into the Black – Chromatics (Neil Young Cover)
7. Oh Sailor – Mr. Little Jeans ft. The Silverlake Conservatory of Music Youth Chorale
8. Apple Orchard – Beach House
9. Dream Come True Girl – Cass McCombs
10. Baby – Donnie and Joe Emerson
11. Black Roses – Escondido
12. Shooting Star – Bob Dylan
13. I’d Rather Go Blind – Christine McVie
14. Blue Elvis – Peals
15. Open ( Bondax Remix) – Rhye