(EN) FvF is a Berlin-based independent publication and production company that creates inspiring and international content. We cover stories from around the world with our network of friends and contributors—focusing on the incredible pursuits of diverse, creative people from all cultur al backgrounds and professions.
(EN) About the Role
(EN) We’re looking for a social medial intern to join our talented, dedicated team. Everyone at FvF is a passionate storyteller, pushing the limits of digital publishing. The editorial team is the driving force of FvF, producing rich and valuable content for our audience. In the role, you’ll be concepting, writing and executing communication across all channels, working together with all members of the editorial team. And, of course, being part of FvF, you’ll take part in all the fun perks of the job. Just check our Instagram feed to see what we get up to!
(EN) Tasks include:
- Working closely with the social media manager
- Writing, building and scheduling social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr
- Writing, copy editing and proofreading texts
- Maintaining an active social media community
- Aiding channel growth and Supporting FvF’s social media strategy
- Working flexibly with the wider editorial team: proofing text and updating WordPress posts
- Researching and keeping the team up-to-date on the latest trends
(EN) About You
(EN) To be an intern at FvF, you must have the following characteristics:
- You have a keen and active interest in social media and digital communication, having at least some professional experience with it for brands or projects.
- You’re a self-starter, one who identifies needs before they arise and makes suggestions before others do—then you are able to own your tasks, seeing them through in a busy work environment without supervision.
(EN) In addition, you should:
- Understand the Freunde von Freunden brand & community.
- Have some experience writing professionally, and editing the work of others
- Have familiarity with the usual software tools (Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, Slack etc.)
You should be Berlin-based or willing to relocate. We require a fluent English speaker with strong copywriting skills. German comprehension is a plus. The position is paid and full time.
(EN) Your Application
(EN) Please include:
- A short cover letter in your email, stating your interest, experience, how you found out about FvF, and your availability.
- 2-3 work samples of your work.
- A CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile (a portfolio is also nice, if you have one).
- No more than 500 words on a trend in social media you think will be huge in 2017, and that is crucial for brands to be aware of.
(EN) Start Date: asap
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put the words “Social Media Intern” in the title of the email. Please understand we often receive many applications for our positions – we simply cannot reply personally to every one, even the most highly-qualified candidates.
Freunde von Freunden