(EN) Freunde von Freunden’s video and digital department continues to grow, with exciting projects for clients and editorial in equal proportions. As video and digital media become a greater part of our readers’ world, we continue to expand the ways in which we dazzle and amaze them. This is an opportunity for you to bring fresh ideas into the FvF mix.
(EN) About the Role
(EN) The FvF producer role oversees the production team: from proposals and researching through to the final edit and delivery. The role works mainly with moving images, but can branch into producing photo and editorial productions if needed to support the rest of the team. The role works closely with both the Creative Director and Business Director — both founders of FvF Productions.
(EN) Key tasks include:
- Developing pitches and quotes for clients.
- Budgeting for productions.
- Production planning and crew hiring, including organizing contracts, fees, etc.
- Researching new stories/projects, guests, locations, and developing storylines.
- Coordinating the in-house video team.
- Overseeing post-production, including licensing (both in-house and external).
- Establishing and expanding the contributors network around the globe.
(EN) About You
- You should be a creative thinker who understands the basics of good storytelling within film, as well as the outer limits of what’s possible.
- A strong understanding of what works in the digital environment.
(EN) In addition, you should:
- Have a strong understanding of the Freunde von Freunden brand & community.
- Completely fluent in the English language
- A positive team player — confident in making decision and solving problems.
- Have strong skills in communication, organization, planning, scheduling, negotiation and prioritizing work for you and the team.
- Understand the briefing process and clients’ needs.
- Computer knowledge in excel, pages, basic photoshop and premiere skills, along with camera equipment knowledge.
- 5 or more years experience as a producer in advertising/branded content, digital and/or other short form video and digital work.
- Bachelor’s degree in media studies, journalism, visual communications or performance preferred, OR equivalent experience.
Berlin-based or already planning on relocating to Berlin soon. The position is full time, with pay dependent on experience.
(EN) Your Application
(EN) Please include:
- A short cover letter in your email, stating your intent, experience, and availability.
- Your current employment status w/r/t ability to work and be paid in Germany.
- Portfolio showing most recent work as PM or Producer with client branded content.
- A CV or link to your LinkedIn profile.
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com. Put the words “Senior Producer” in the title of the email. Please know, we often receive many applications for our positions — we simply cannot reply personally to everyone, even to the most highly-qualified candidates.
Freunde von Freunden