(EN) We are looking for a photo editor to join our vibrant team here at FvF. Photography and pictures are at the heart of the FvF experience – the job will touch all parts of that experience, from concept and research to production, re-touching and publishing.
(EN) About The Role
(EN) FvF is a Berlin-based independent publication and production house and we create inspiring and international content. We do so with our global network of friends and contributors (including some of the best photographers in the world), and we cover people and stories in diverse creative and cultural backgrounds from across the globe.
Our photo editors work closely with all members of the FvF team, liaising on stories from start to finish, ensuring the quality of our digital storytelling is top-notch.
(EN) About You
(EN) Our photo editors should be friendly and outgoing, since you’ll be connecting with the team, the portrait subjects and clients. You’ll be a team player and able to collaborate with photographers, editors and project managers. For this role, we require:
- At least three years professional experience and a genuine passion for the craft of photography
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to plan work effectively and multi-task, working to tight deadlines
- A self-starter who communicates to a high degree – FvF relies on its photo editors, and they receive multiple requests for help every day
- A background in design is highly preferred. In addition, you should also have an understanding of the Freunde von Freunden brand and community, have experience with digital journalism and working with brands on social media,
- Familiarity with the usual software tools of the job including Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Dropbox, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, Trello, Slack.
- You should be Berlin-based or willing to relocate.
- German-speaking a plus but not essential.
(EN) Sound like the role for you? If so, please email us at: email@example.com. Please make the subject of your email Photo Editor Role and include:
- A short motivation in the body of your email
- Your online portfolio
- A copy of your CV (or link to your LinkedIn profile)
- List two stories that you’ve seen online in the last year that pushed the boundaries of what’s possible with digital storytelling and photography
We often receive many applications for our positions, and are not able to reply personally to every one.
Freunde von Freunden