(EN) At FvF, we’re always connected. With our Link List, we wade into the frontlines of the digital zeitgeist to find the best articles and links and then collect them here for you to enjoy and share.
(EN) Certain times of year have more than their fair share of premium daydreaming hours. This edition of the Link List has inspiration to spare – it whirls us through Turkey and takes a meander across the American Southwest, with extra stopovers in Austin, TX and Berlin’s rave scene of the ‘90s. It also includes a dose of fashion, architecture and social media, with a tongue-in-cheek tech story for good measure.
- Sartorialist, designer and founder of Wood London Bethan Wood shows It’s Nice That what she’s wearing these days.
- Instagrammer Kelsey Miller of The Anti-Diet Project writes on the addictiveness of food porn and why “not every bowl of soup needs an audience.”
- Austin, TX gets some well-deserved attention from CN Traveller, who compiled a guide to the city’s must-try restaurants and shops.
- i-D takes us back to the ‘90s and the birth of raver style in Berlin.
- Leonardo Dalessandri’s short film “The Watchtower of Turkey” captures the whirling sights, sounds and smells of the country.
- For our German friends, Die Süddeutsche Zeitung speaks with architect David Chipperfield on his work and whether buildings can make us better people. (In German.)
- What does Africa need to do to count itself among the major players in our global economy? The Economist has their prognosis for the future of the continent.
- Dazed brings us a bulletin about artist Philipp Schmidt, who has designed a camera that prevents people from taking cliched photos.
- Aaron Wynia’s easy, laidback photo collages are highlighted on Format Magazine.
- Travel diaries have come a long way – Eldorado is providing a platform for personal stories and photos from on the road, like this one from the American southwest. (Stay tuned in the coming weeks for our own Southwest Road Trip with FvF Explores.)
(EN) Thanks for reading! We hope our links inspire you and give you a small window into what the FvF office is enjoying this week.
For a visual update, check out our Pinterest channel full of stunning images from the FvF community.
Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with all of our happenings.