FvF is a Berlin-based independent publication and production company that creates inspiring and international content.
We cover stories from around the world with our network of friends and contributors – focusing on the incredible pursuits of diverse, creative people from all cultural backgrounds and professions.
About the Role
The Managing Editor focuses on supporting the editorial team in the realisation of compelling storytelling for FvF. This role will oversee the day to day management of people, budgets, deadlines, processes and communications between editorial and project management. Tasks include:
- Working to realise Editorial Strategy by liaising closely with editors to identify and propel ideas forward
- Liaises between Project Managers, clients, and editorial to align projects and important details and deadlines
- Supports production ensuring all assets are flowed into editorial workflow, keeps track of all production timings and liaises with talent and writers where needed
- Ensures our contributor list and general briefings are up-to-date and new editorial formats are clearly communicated
- Oversees media partnerships and coordination with seeding partners for FvF stories
- Supports the PR team with events and promotional materials
- Please note that although this role is vital to our creative team, it doesn’t include copy and concept writing
To be FvF’s Managing Editor, you must have the following characteristics:
- You genuinely love being the backbone of your team.
- You’re a self-starter, one who anticipates needs before they arise and makes suggestions before others do – then you are able to own your tasks, seeing them through in a busy work environment.
In addition, you should:
- Understand the Freunde von Freunden brand & community.
- Have first hand experience with managing an editorial team
- Have experience with digital journalism as well as some work with brands. Social Media experience a plus as well.
- Have familiarity with the usual digital tools (Dropbox, Keynote, Numbers, Google Docs/Drive, WordPress, Slack, Asana etc.)
You should be Berlin-based or willing to relocate. Complete fluency in English is required. German skills are a big plus. The position is 25 hrs/week, with pay dependent on experience.
- A short cover letter in your email, stating your interest, experience, how you found out about FvF, and your availability.
- A CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile (a portfolio is also nice, if you have one).
Start Date: January 2019
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com – put the words “Managing Editor” in the title of the email.
Freunde von Freunden