Over the course of three years, the Friends Space in Kreuzberg has hosted over 250 events, ranging from dinners, concerts, product launches, exhibitions, panel discussions, video and photo productions, workshops, and film screenings. With the help of our partners and community, the space is a physical manifestation of our Friends of Friends online platform.
About the Role
As an Events Project Manager, you adopt the dynamic relationship between Friends of Friends and the world’s leading brands in order to produce high-quality, compelling content. You will help organize and streamline the events team to coordinate and realize both events and communication concepts. The placement calls for a proactive self-starter adept at organization, logistics and creative concepts.
As Events Project Manager, you understand our message and you get the Friends of Friends lifestyle. You know which partners complement our brand and how to pitch new and exciting collaborations that will get them on board. You’ll guide campaigns that cover events—both in our Friends Space and in off-site locations, social media, event sponsorships, and editorial content. You’ll be confident liaising with clients and building new connections, and you’ll work with our editorial and production teams to bring new stories to life in ways that appeal to new partners.
In this role you will not only understand our culture but want to be a part of it, you’ll be great with clients and is passionate about growing with the agency. We want you to be a part of Friends of Friends for the long haul and, in doing so, feel inspired to drive the events team!
Typical tasks include:
- Oversee and organize the events team
- Liaison between events team with clients, editorial and partners
- Management of our Berlin event locations: the Friends Space and the FvF Apartment
- Implement CRM software solutions and structure within the team
- Support director and marketing team on development of creative concepts, project planning and project execution
- A positive team player — confident in making decisions and solving problems
- You relish a challenge and enjoy completing tasks and solving problems
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience with Project Management and PM tools (Asana, Trello…)
- Experience in Event Management, ideally worked in an event agency
- Familiar with the Friends of Friends Brand
- Experience / Knowledge in Berlin events culture
- Interest in international trends and culture
- Familiar with CRM software
- Thinks outside of the box
- Having a driver’s license helps
You should be very well organized, dynamic and communicative. Written and spoken fluency in both German and English is required.
This position is only open to completely fluent German speakers. Fluency in English is essential for communication around the office as well as translation tasks.
In addition, you should also have:
- International experience with PR and event work
- Thorough understanding of professional event equipment and rates
- Knowledge of Excel, Pages, Numbers, Google Drive, Trello, Slack, Keynote and Dropbox
- Exceptional eagerness and curiosity to gain valuable experience within FvF
- Capability to think outside the box to adapt to new environments and approach adversity with a positive attitude
- Strong understanding of the Friends of Friends brand and community
- A short cover letter in your email, stating your interest, experience, how you found out about FvF, and your availability
- 2-3 samples of your work, if possible
- A CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- A short description of one the most innovative public events of the past few years, and how you think the organizers made it special
Start Date: ASAP
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com.
Put the words: Events Project Manager in the subject title of the email. Please understand we often receive many applications for our positions – we simply cannot reply personally to every one, even the most highly-qualified candidates.
Friends of Friends