About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Social Media Manager to join our team who will manage Friends of Friends’ social media department and work closely with our social media network, community, and clients.
Social media management is more than just putting pretty pictures online. Our ideal candidate is an ambitious individual who has extensive experience in both creating compelling and engaging social media content and implementing social media strategies.
As our social media channels are the main representatives of our platform and brand, you need to have an ear and eye open for relevant social media trends. You have to be data-driven and take metrics and analytics and turning them into tactics and strategy for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. We need you to take our strategy to the next level and explore new methods to deliver content to our readers in new and exciting ways in order to foster growth.
In general, you should be organized, efficient, and an excellent communicator. You should love words and writing and be comfortable creating a variety of short copy.
- 2-4 years professional experience in social media on a variety of projects; for brands or magazines
- Extensive experience with all standard social media tools, analytics and data mining, such as Tweetdeck and/or Hootsuite, and CMS such as WordPress
- An excellent writer who is able to implement fresh ideas for our channels
- A keen understanding of digital storytelling
- A dynamic and pro-active team player who is experienced in managing a small team and overview multiple client accounts and projects
- The ideal candidate is completely fluent in the English language. Understanding of or fluency in German is helpful.
- Berlin-based (or willing to relocate)
If you would like to apply, please send an email with the subject “Senior Social Media Manager” to email@example.com.
In your application, please include:
1. A short cover letter in the body of your email
2. A copy of your CV
3. Links to 2-3 samples of your work (or a portfolio)
4. Do a social media audit of the Friends of Friends account and tell us how you would put your stamp on it
5. Suggest two types of content that you think would work for our channels
We often receive many applications for our positions, and are not able to reply personally to every one.
We’re looking forward hearing from you.
Best wishes from the Friends of Friends Team.