You might remember our former FvF guest, surfer, creative director and entrepreneur, Colin Tunstall from New York. His store “Saturdays” has become a permanent fixture both for locals and visitors whenever they are in search of some nice threads, serious surf gear and books; or simply a well-brewed coffee.
Colin, who is also in charge of their publication “Saturdays Magazine”, has just returned from a trip to Japan when he sat down to compile this latest FvF mixtape. To keep the spirit of nature alive while living and working in the Big Apple, he has selected some smooth tunes for this week’s FvF mixtape #55 that have all the ingredients for an early Summer soundtrack. Colin’s mix is sure to inspire listeners to make plans for a mellow surfing trip, featuring artists like Trini Lopez, Gold Panda and Magnetic Fields. Enjoy!
01. Dirty Man – Laura Lee
02. In The Year 2525 – Zager & Evans
03. Nao Adianta – Trio Mocoto
04. Things I Did When I Was Dead – No Age
05. Little Baby – The Blue Rondos
06. 5th Ave – Gold Panda
07. This Magic Moment – Lou Reed
08. Don’t Think Twice – Trini Lopez
09. My Year Is A Day – Les Irresistibles
10. Desert Island – The Magnetic Fields
11. We Can’t Fly (Radio Edit) – Aeroplane
12. Joue Pas Le Rock ‘N’ Roll Pour Moi – Johnny Hallyday