Artoo is a rare species: he’s a Berlin native. Furthermore he’s a blogger, painter, skater, designer, world traveler and last but not least a DJ who makes his crowd’s hearts melt. He is passionate about soul and funk and even if you think you already know most of these goodies he still manages to surprise you with tracks you might have never heard before.
His selection includes classic from Bill Withers and Cat Stevens as well as some feel-good rarities from El Michels Affair and Edwin Starr. There can´t be a better choice for a relaxed evening in the city than to listen to one of Artoo’s sets while enjoying a drink and starting to move your feet with a grin on your face. This is as ‘Berlin’ as it gets.
1. Let Me In – Benny Sings
2. The First Cut Is The Deepest – Cat Stevens
3. Lovely Day – Bill Withers
4. Fire And Rain – James Taylor
5. Trying To Get Next To You – Arnold Blair
6. Just The Two Of Us – Grover Washington Jr.
7. I Feel The Earth Move – Carole King
8. Keep Me In Mind – The Bamboos
9. Never Met A Girl Like You Before – Edwyn Collins
10. Cream (Main) – El Michels Affair
11. It’s Great To Be Here – The Jackson 5
12. Style Council – The Lodgers
13. Running Back And Forth – Edwin Starr
14. Tiny Dancer – Elton John
Photo by Henrik Kuerschner.